Friday, May 27, 2016

Arzua - Spain 2016

Talk about a perfect day to walk the Camino.   No rain predicted for today and the way should be a good trail to walk. I left my albuerge around 8am sine I'd be only walking 14 km or so today.  My least amount of distance I'd walk on the whole Camino. In hindsight I probably should have walked to Arzua yesterday but I was in no hurry to get to my next destination. 

After getting a cafe in Melide, I started out of town and ran into two guys from New Jersey. It was so pleasant to walk with them whole way today. They both told great stories and were interesting to hear more about them.   We parted in Arzua but I hope I find them tomorrow. I also hope they reunite with a friend who dropped back a couple of days ago after getting sick. Once again, you don't have to be the fittest to do this walk because it can hurt anyone who walks it.  It's how you adjust to its impact that keeps you going.  

The way today was great.  A lot more to see including a few beautiful churches.  I ran into a number of people from yesterday which is so cool.  It's really neat to see how we are all walking this in our own way. 

Since the walk today was short I thought getting to my rural house would be simple but it wasn't. Here the web site for Casa da Igrexa gave me a room when none was available.  Jose told me to wait to be picked up and I just thought he found room for me at my place.  Instead he found a place for me at another rural house.  I wasn't sure what to expect.   He was kind enough to to drive me to Lar da Mota. It turned out to be a charming property.  I really think these rural homes are a true gem in Spain. The hosts are so helpful. They offer to wash clothes for you.  You can sit outside with a drink.  They have a restaurant onsite that serves local "farm to table" food.  Just a perfect way to experience Galacia. They will even drive me back to Arzua to start my walk again on tomorrow.  What a wonderful way to take breaks between my walk. 

So enjoy some of my photos from Galacia.  




No comments:

Post a Comment