Sunday, May 22, 2016

Tricastela - Spain 2016

So today's my official walk on the Camino.  I started out walking with a couple from Arizona who started in Pamplona.  It was nice to enjoy the walk with someone. The weather was perfect and the views were beautiful but I have to say those first 8 miles were all uphill and often at high grades.  At this point I really did not do my homework.  I didn't realize how hilly this part of Spain was. I guess the snow capped mountains I passed on the bus should have given me a clue. 

Of course the last set of 7 miles weren't better either.  They were all down hill.  I kept hoping Tricastella would come into view soon.  But it was a long slog and I think I got in by 1pm but couldn't find my hotel. I'm glad I had a phone. The owner came and picked me up. Here I picked a place outside of town.  But no worries. She made sure I even had dinner.  She took me to a restaurant she owned in town. My best meal yet.  Other hikes and cyclists stayed at her place and she made sure we all made it to the trail the next day. Now I call that great service!






No comments:

Post a Comment