Saturday, May 28, 2016

Santiago de Compestela - Spain 2016

Well today was the day.  I planned an early start and I was able to start walking by 7:30.  Unfortunately there was no way to beat the rain since it was raining buckets.  On top of it, there was lightening.  Not the best to start with.  I ended up walking most of the way with an older woman from California.   She was another one that did most of it. I'm pretty sure it ended up raining more then half of the time today.   And the crowds were getting bigger as you got closer.  

As usual, it took longer once you saw the entrance to the city.  A lot of weaving through the streets. The streets and buildings in Santiago are beautiful.  It's definitely a city you want to stop and see. As I got closer to the city the rains were really coming down hard.  I can't begin to say how wet my pants were.  

Once I got o the city, I had to find where I have my credentials reviewed.  It was not in the most obvious place.  Would you believe it took 90 minutes?   After I got mine, I think the line behind me was going slower.  I'm sure it was taking more then 2 hours after me.  One thing I was told was that just before I started my walk in O Cebreiros, they actually had snow there.  I'm glad I missed that. 

Well I can now say I completed a part of the Camino.  It definitely was an adventure.  I think meeting all the people and discovering where they are from and where they started was really interesting. Plus discovering Galacia which is so different from Andulcia was wonderful.   Between the cities, farms, food and wine, there was so much to take in.  

So enjoy these final pictures of my last day in Santiago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment