Sunday, May 22, 2016

Madrid - May 2016

Not sure it's been this way but the last few years I've been unsettled as a trip comes up. Worried about my cat, getting work done in time, packing and hoping my flights go well.  Well once again everything went as planned.  I couldn't believe how smooth my flights were. Even figuring out the Madrid metro was a piece of cake.  I got lucky again. 

Today was a day to just hang out and make up my sleep.  And that's what I did. It also gave me time to sort out how I was going to catch my bus the next day.  This time I stayed at Hotel Opera, just a block from the palace.  I think I paid $85 and it's a nice hotel in a great location. It's great have the euro in our favor again.  

So below are a few of my photos. One thing I wished I could have captured is level of craft on the streets.  As I waited to check in I watched these street artists get set up.  Some serious imagination here.  I don't know how the make a living. 


No comments:

Post a Comment