Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Melide - Spain 2016

All my long hiking days were over. At this point I'm hoping to enjoy the walk better since my last few days are no more then 12 miles.  After being dropped off by Maria, I could tell this would be more interesting. The trail was in relatively good shape except in a few places where yesterday's rain sunk in. It was definitely a more rolling and flat route. 

Today I walked with a couple from Miami. The husband told me how they found his father's house in Spain and ran into a cousin on their trip.  I also met yesterday a mother and daughter from South Africa who were doing the whole thing.  They apparently skipped a few hard sections. I've heard from other pilgrims who picked out a strategic route in order to make sure they could finish.  Even yesterday I ran into a doctor and his wife who quit his job to do the whole way. So everyone has their story which I loved hearing. 

So below are a few pictures I took. Most of the way was through forests but I found a few interesting buildings including the last one which is the house I'm staying in.  It's another great choice I made. I'm sure there are some bad places to sleep in but all of mine have been spot on and great choices. 



No comments:

Post a Comment