Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Palas de Rei - Spain 2016

I'm sorry to say there isn't much to be said about this day. The day started out promising as I made my way through the forest near Portomarin.   Unfortunately it didn't last.  I know Galacia is known for its rain but this was relentless. I was only able to stop at one temple but I couldn't rake out my camera because of the downpour of rain.  Even talking to other pilgrims who were on the Camino longer felt it was pretty miserable.  

The one great part of the whole day was it stopped raining when I got to Palas de Rei.  I called the owner of the rural house where I was staying and she picked me up.  I love staying in these out of the way houses. They take such good care of you.  I don't have a picture of the Casa Blanco but here is my room.  Not only did she do laundry for me but I had a wonderful Galacia dinner.  Just a perfect way to end my day. Luckily I have one more of these places in two days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment