Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pedrouzo -Spain 2016

Today is my second last day on the Camino.   If I'm lucky I might be able to miss the rain.  Galacia is well known for its unpredictable rain showers. I've walked in one bad rain shower already but missed yesterday's.  I asked Bruno to drop me off at the end of town in the morning. One thing I have to comment on is that Spanish drivers are fast drivers.  I was really getting concerned as he sped up around the curves in the road.  Luckily I got to the start in one piece.  

The scenery on this Camino was mostly passing farms and walking through forests.  I'm afraid to say I don't have any photos.  I was lucky to walk it again with John and Tom from New Jersey.  We all ended up in the same town at the end.  Mine was a pension and I was the first one in.   I could use the rest of the day to rest.  

I thought I would comment on some of the things I brought. 

For me poles were essential.  I noticed some had them, some didn't and some only had one pole. For me they were helpful especially through some of the up hills or rocky sections. 

I should have used a car service to move my bag.  I heard it was anywhere from 3-7 euros for them to move your bag and this would have made the walk easier. 

A raincoat was essential.   I wore it in the morning to stay warm and it kept me dry during the rains. 

For me I should have brought more ibuprofen.  I had no blisters and my Solomon shoes were great.  But I could have used more ibuprofen for my foot aches. 

Bring a smaller camera.  I need to get a mirrorless or a bridge camera so I'm carrying less weight and it's accessible. Carrying my slr was weight I didn't need to carry.  

Otherwise I backed everything I needed and there wasn't anything I had to throw out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment