Sunday, May 22, 2016

Piedrafita dos Cebreiros - May 2016

Well today's the day to catch my bus to Piedrafita.  I figured out how to take the metro to the Madrid Autobus Sur station but not sure how to find the bus.  Once I got to the station I couldn't believe how easy it was and the bus was brand new.  So far this looked good. I'm suppose to catch this at 10:45 and get there by 4:25.   But I couldn't believe the number of stops we made.  I was starting to get worried that I would be late. And sure enough I got into the town at 5 pm. 

This meant I had at most an hour to get up this long hill and check in by 6.  There are only 4 places to stay in O Cebreiros.  I read how it is a long haul up this hill and I thought it would be better to sleep up there then do the walk in the morning.  Of course some people don't bother and just take a taxi.  Luckily I got to the top and my room was still available.  It ended up that all the rooms were filled. They had to turn some people away. The view at the top was beautiful. 



Picture of Albuerge Venta Celta
The start of my marker at 155km


No comments:

Post a Comment